Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sweet 'tater casserole

I love sweet potatoes and I really really love sweet potato casserole. Last year, was making some for dinner and realized halfway into the process that I was out of milk. Of course, I initially panicked,but then I decided to get a little bit creative so I added some hazelnut coffee creamer that I did have onhand.....It was amazing and I've been making it that way ever since!

Here's what ya need:

3  c. mashed sweet taters
Either 1/2 c. hazelnut coffee creamer (liquid kind) or 1/4 c. milk & 1/4 c. creamer....
1 c. sugar
1/3 c. margarine
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs

For the topping: (my favorite part by the way)

1 c. brown sugar
1/3 cup flour
1 c. chopped pecans
1/8 c. oatmeal
1/2 stick margarine
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

Here's what ya do:

Step 1: Preheat yer' oven to about 350 degrees.

Step 2: Get out yer' mixer and mix up those first 6 ingredients real good.

Step 3: Pour it over into a 9X13 buttered casserole.

Step 4: Make yer topping. Melt the butter and then add in the sugar, flour,pumpkin pie spice,  oatmeal and pecans....It should be crumbly.

Step 5: Sprinkle crumbs on top.

Step 6: Bake that sucker for about 30 minutes

Step 7: Hide it so that you can have it all to yerself....You ain't gonna want to share this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment