Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Strawberry Cobbler....A cup, A cup, A cup recipe

This is one of my favorite times of year. 
The sun's shining. The grass is growing. 
Trees are green, and the flowers are in bloom. 
But, best of all the strawberries are in!!!!


I love to go to the local strawberry farm, 
pick out my berries, come home, cap 'em, and slice 'em up.
I use 'em for lots of different stuff, but my favorite dish has to be.....
Strawberry Cobbler.


This recipe is the easiest one you'll ever try. I promise.


Here's what ya need:


1 pint of strawberries, sliced and sweetened to your liking
1 cup self-rising flour
1 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1 stick butter


Here's what ya do:


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place a stick of butter in an 8X8 pan and melt it in the oven.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, and milk.
When the butter's completely melted, remove the pan from the oven.
Pour the flour, sugar, milk mixture over the melted butter. DO NOT STIR!
Dump your berries over top. DO NOT STIR.
Pop it in the oven (UN-STIRRED) and bake until golden brown....about 20 min.
Unless you have my hot oven, then it's more like 10....hahaha
Serve it warm with vanilla ice cream, or Cool Whip. 


*** This recipe works great with just about any fruit. I really like to use canned peaches in mine. Just have fun and play around with it!! ****



No comments:

Post a Comment